The first iOS app from K-Devices is here!
Shaper is perfect in any iOS music-making situations: use it as stand alone app to process your outboard, or as inter-app audio in Aubiobus or other compatible apps as AUM, Modstep, GarageBand, etc. Moreover, and this is so cool, Shaper is also an awesome Audio Unit Extension; it works like a charm, always!
Its clear, clean and minimal user interface lets you fall in love so fast with its potential, that after just few minutes of use you’ll feel like it always been one of your favorite music production tools. Its noise is your noise.
Check this cool hands-on video by our friends at Synthanatomy.
HOW IT WORKS
Shaper is composed by several modules, that you can rearrange as you want:
- a glitch gate
- a waveshaper section with 5 brand new inspiring functions: muffin, multistress, cracker, s&m, bits & samps
- a transform section with wave-clipper, wave-wrapper, and wave-folder
- a resonator/short delay, that can act as a comb filter too
You choose how to feed it and how to mix it with a gain and a dry/wet section. Two oscilloscopes display audio signals before and after processing: this gives you a realtime visual feedback about how you are morphing your sound wave.
Each parameter offers a range that lets you process the signal so slightly… Or so massively! Changing the order of modules in the chain, makes of Shaper an incredibly versatile sounds processor!
The waveshaper module applies a shaping function to incoming signal. It’s the timbral core of the audio process. Several functions are available: Muffin and Cracker applies a digital warming function with a distinction in the weight that noise takes in the wet signal. Multistress is a bit more fragmentes function, giving a more modulated FM-ish result. These three let user control the process via blend and color parameters. This helps you to apply a different dose of Shaper cure to your sound ;)
Shaper lets you work fast with gestures support:
- you want to rearrange modules? Just drag them as you prefer and create different chains for different needs
- need instant reset to default value for a parameter? Just double tap on cursor
- fine tuning? Just tap and hold the cursor, then drag it left or right to increase the resolution of your vertical dragging